Header Banner

Header Banner

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

An Emphasis On Writing More Slowly In The Practice Of Cursive Script...



An Emphasis On Writing More Slowly In The Practice Of Cursive Script...

I have found that slowing down my hand while writing in cursive script greatly increases the readability and aesthetics of my handwriting.

Even if I need to increase the speed of my writing due to time constraints, my writing is still improved by the slower practice. As you can plainly see, this does not prevent me from making the occasional mistake.

Still, if you were reading a sample of my handwriting from earlier years, you would clearly see a difference.

Over >

Emphasis On Slow Writing, Continued...                                Page 2

I must strongly advocate slower writing practice for the artistically-inclined writer as well. The results will better please your eye.

Another benefit is reduced cramping of the fingers and hand. A larger table with more rounded edges also helps with "writers' cramp."

Slow it down, and step your penmanship game up!

[Happy face drawing] Dan Stafford

No comments:

Post a Comment